What's Cooking With Cookies: Infographic
When it comes to desserts, cookies are a sure bet—they’re one thing that most consumers reach for on a frequent basis.
Did you know?
- December 4th is National Cookie Day.
- March 6th is National Oreo Day.
- August 5th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day.
- The U.S. leads the world as the biggest cookie bakers and eaters, spending more than $550 million annually on Oreos alone.
- The Girl Scouts first began selling cookies in the 1920s.
- Early American tinsmiths began making cookie cutters by hand back in the 1700s.
- 13.5% of American adults admit to having eaten 20 or more chocolate chip cookies at a time.
- The world’s largest chocolate chip cookie weighed 38,000 pounds, was 102 feet in diameter and contained 30,000 eggs.