October: Stuffed Mac-N-Cheese Tart
A cozy dish with layers of goodness.
Featured for October in our 2021 UniPro calendar.
Your favorite comfort foods in tart-form. Layers of cornbread, pulled pork, and mac n’ cheese make this dish the ultimate comfort-food entree. Spicy Jalapeños in fluffy Gold Medal™ Corn Muffin Mix topped with ale-infused mac ‘n cheese and pulled pork.
Ingredients: (Yield – 48 Servings)
|Gold Medal™ Corn Muffin Mix (Item #78714)||1 box|
|Butter, softened||2 cups|
|Peppers, jalapeño, canned, drained, chopped||1/2 cup|
|Butter, softened||1/2 cup|
|Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour (Item #3004)||1/2 cup|
|Whole Milk||1 quart|
|Beer, dark or ale||3/4 cups|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||11 1/2 cups (or 2 1/2 lbs.)|
|Black Pepper, ground||2 tsp.|
|Smoked Paprika||1 tsp.|
|Elbow Macaroni, cooked||15 3/4 cups (or 5 lb.)|
|BBQ Pulled Pork, prepared||5 cups (or 3 lb.)|
- Place corn muffin mix, butter and jalapenos in a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until crumbly; approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Press crust mixture into a greased or parchment-lined full sheet pan with a pan extender.
- Bake in a standard oven at 350°F for 12-14 minutes (for convection ovens, bake at 300°F for 8-10 minutes, rotating 180° after 4 minutes of baking.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; whisk in flour until smooth. Add milk, heavy cream, and beer to mixture; bring to a boil, stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat, stir in cheese, salt, pepper, and paprika until cheese is melted. Remove from heat. Pour cheese over macaroni in large bowl. Toss until coated.
- Assembly: Distribute pulled pork evenly over baked crust. Spread mac-n-cheese filling over pulled pork evenly.
- Bake in a standard oven at 350°F for 29-34 minutes (for convection ovens, bake at 300°F for 20-25 minutes, rotating 180° after 10 minutes of baking.
- Allow tart to cool slightly before removing pan extenders and cutting into portions.