K-12 Recipe: Spaghetti Bolognese
An easy convenient meal for your students. Can be made with real sausage or a vegetarian/vegan substitute. Great meal for a to-go lunch, and easy to reheat!
- 192 oz sausage style crumble/ vegetarian style crumble
- 12 lbs spaghetti pasta
- 8 oz whole grain rich blend
- 8 cans low-sodium spaghetti sauce
- 100 oz grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Drain pasta as quickly as possible, rinse in colander in cold water to stop the cooking process, drain again.
- Place pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and sausage crumbles in large stock pot or steam kettle, whisk well.
- Cover and heat over low heat until sauce reaches temperature 165˚F or higher.
- Portion 1 cup of spaghetti using 1-8 oz, serve onto try.
- Top with 1-4 oz of sauce and 1 oz of parmesan cheese.
See More Recipes