February: Sopressata Sausage Pizza
This 2-meat pie is worth raving about. Sopressata salami and Italian sausage pack old world flavor into every bite.
Featured for January in our 2021 UniPro calendar.
Hormel’s DiLusso® Sopressata is an Italian style dry salami. It is made with 100% pork, slowly aged, and uses a natural beef casing. Hormel’s Masterpieces® fully cooked pork sausage is made with 100% ground pork seasoned with Italian spices such as fennel and pepper.
|DiLusso® Sopressata||14 pieces|
|Hormel Masterpieces® Italian Sausage Topping||4 oz.|
|Pizza dough, ball or shell, slacked||1|
|Angela Mia Crushed Tomatoes||5 oz.|
|Shredded cheese||6 oz.|
|Red Onion, sliced||3 oz.|
|Fresh Oregano leaves||1 tsp / as desired|
- Crush San Marzano tomatoes and spread evenly over pizza dough.
- Spread cheese evenly across the pizza.
- Add Sopressata, sausage and red onion.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven and allow to set for 1 minute.
- Cut pizza, sprinkle with oregano and serve.