Puff Pastry Recipes
Puff Pastry Dough Sheets & Squares
Mini Margherita Pizzas
A flaky puff pastry crust pairs perfectly with the classic pizza flavors of fresh basil, tomato and mozzarella.
Servings: 32 servings (1 serving = 1 pizza)
- 8 Pennant Puff Pastry Squares (Item #1694)
- 1 Egg
- 32 Fresh Tomato Slices
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Basil, chiffonade
- 4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Cups Shredded Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Thaw puff pastry squares on sprayed, parchment-lined sheet pan; cut each square into 4 equal parts.
- Beat 1 egg and 2 Tbsp water in small bowl; brush pastry with egg wash.
- Layer with 1 tomato slice, a sprinkle of salt, 1 tsp basil, 1 Tbsp mozzarella cheese and 1 tsp Parmesan cheese.
- Bake as directed below until golden brown; serve warm.
Convection Oven* 325°F 14-16 minutes
Standard Oven 375°F 20-22 minutes
*Rotate pans baked in convection oven one-half turn (180°) after 7 minutes of baking.