Mango Chutney Stuffed Pancakes with Strawberry Coulis
A mouthwateringly delicious dish that wraps fruit and exotic flavors into pancakes; bringing new foodie-depths to your breakfast offerings!
- 5 lbs Strawberries, fresh
- 1lb Sugar, granulated
- 8oz onion, yellow, small diced
- 4oz butter, unsalted
- 4oz fresh diced red pepper
- 4oz peeled small diced fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb granulated sugar
- 4oz white vinegar
- 5 lbs Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Clean and hull strawberries.
- Add sugar, place in food processor.
- Pulse until mixture is well-blended.
- Remove and set aside.
- Saute onion and butter in a medium sauce pan until tender.
- Add red pepper, mango, sugar, vinegar and cinnamon.
- Cook for 10 to 14 minutes until chutney starts to thicken.
- Remove for heat, keep warm.
- Combine water and mix in a mixing bowl.
- Mix using a wire whip until batter is blended and smooth.
- Deposit 2 oz of batter onto a lightly greased 375 degree farhenheit griddle.
- Grill for 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until pancake turns golden brown and edges begin to dry.
- Place 1oz of chutney in center of each pancake. Fold over. Place pancake on serving platter so seam is facing down.
Top each pancake with approximately 1 oz of strawberry coulis. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons of powdered sugar, if desired.
DISCOVER MORE BREAKFAST ITEMS >