Foodservice Recipe: Beef & Smoked Gouda Puff Pastries
This quick recipe delivers an irresistible house-made appetizer, bar bite or snack on the go.
These roll-ups feature puff pastry brushed with Raye’s Old World Gourmet mustard, topped with Great Lakes’ Smoked Gouda and Steak-EZE® sliced sirloin steak. They’re rolled, cut into rounds and then baked until puffy, flaky and steaky magic happens!
- 2 Portions AdvancePierre Steak-EZE® (Item #4920)
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Pepper
- 2 Sheets Puff Pastry Dough, Thawed and Cold (Item #12876)
- 3 tbsp Raye’s Old World Gourmet Mustard (Item #1251)
- 1 cup Smoked Gouda Cheese, Shredded (Item #9557)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Chives (Item #26302)
- Flat Grill (Frozen Product): Preheat grill to 350°F. After the portion has cooked through about half its thickness, flip the portion once. As meat slices begin to cook, separate them with a spatula and season with salt and pepper. Beef should have an evenly brown appearance when completely cooked. Remove from grill and set aside. Let cool.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out 1 pastry sheet into 10-inch square. Brush with half of the grainy mustard. Spread half of the beef slices end-to-end over pastry, about 1-inch from edge.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese and half of the chives over mustard, leaving 1-inch border. Starting at one end, roll up tightly.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm. Repeat with remaining pastry, beef, mustard, cheese and chives.
- Trim edges. Slice log into 9 pieces (about 1/2-inch thick). Freeze and keep for service.Bake, cut side up, on parchment paper or Silpat-lined baking sheets in 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.