Foodservice Recipe: Apple Crepes
Dress up your breakfast menu with international style by featuring sweet and savory apple filled crepes!
- 3/4 cup Complete Buttermilk or Complete Pancake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups tart apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup Pancake Syrup or Maine Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Powdered sugar
Place pancake mix, milk, eggs and vegetable oil in blender container; cover and process on medium until smooth. Let stand 5 minuets; blend again for 5-10 seconds.
- Melt a scant 1/2 teaspoon of butter in a small (8-inch) non-stick skillet over medium heat. When butter starts to brown, reduce heat to medium-low and pour in a generous 2 tablespoons of batter, tilting pan to coat evenly with batter.
- Cook 30 seconds or until top looks dry; carefully flip crepe and cook 30 seconds longer. Repeat with remaining batter. Blend batter occasionally if it becomes too thick.
- Prepare apple filling. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add apples and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 6 minutes. Add syrup, cinnamon and salt; cook, stirring gently 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place a small amount of warm apple filling in center of each cooked crepe. Fold both edges over filling and sprinkle with powered sugar.
- If crepes tear when flipped, cook a few seconds longer on first side before turning.
- Crepe batter can also be mixed in a bowl with a wire whisk.
- For a decadent dessert, top these crepes with cinnamon whipped cream. In a chilled bowl, combine 1 cup cold heavy cream, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Substitute with a whole grain, or whole wheat mixture to add a healthier spin.
DISCOVER MORE BREAKFAST ITEMS >