Adobo Pork Taco
Pork shoulder is rubbed with Mexican spices, browned, and braised in crushed tomatoes, vinegar, peppers and onions.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Ancho chile powder
- 1 tbsp Mexican oregano, dried
- 1 lbs Pork shoulder, boneless
- 1 cup Green bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup Yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 cups Low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups Angela Mia® Crushed Tomatoes-No Salt Added, 27000 38062
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 20 ea Corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 20 ea Lime wedges, fresh
- 3 cups Coleslaw
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high flame.
- In a bowl, mix ancho chile powder and Mexican oregano; rub on pork shoulder. Brown seasoned pork shoulder on each side for 2 minutes; remove from pot. Add bell peppers and onion to pot. Add the chicken stock, Angela Mia Crushed Tomatoes, red wine vinegar, paprika and cayenne; simmer for 3 minutes. Return pork shoulder to pot; cover and place in oven for 1-1/2 hours. When finished cooking, shred pork and leave in cooking juices.
- For coleslaw, mix 1 cup of reduced fat sour cream with 2 tsp red wine vinegar and toss with 3 cups of coleslaw vegetables. Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To serve, place shredded pork in the center of the corn tortillas, top with coleslaw, fold over and hold it closed with a fresh lime wedge.