Foodservice Recipe: Parmesan Chicken & Rice
Creamy cheese and crisp peas bring personality to standard chicken and rice fare. Easy to prepare, even easier to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 rice
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup thawed peas
- Heat oil in medium skillet to medium-high. Add chicken, cook 5 – 7 minutes or until light brown; season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Add garlic; cook briefly.
- Stir in rice and chicken broth, bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from heat; stir in parmesan cheese and peas.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes, and serve!