Foodservice Recipe: Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Rich feta, salty kalamata olives, peppers and artichokes, served with grilled chicken bring Mediterranean flavors to your menu!
12 oz grilled chicken breast strips item #3814
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons olive oil (keep separate)
1/2 lb cauliflower, cut into florets item #26087
1 salt and pepper to taste
1 lb chopped romain lettuce
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese item #3795
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1/4 cup quartered artichoke hearts item #74902
1 kalamata olives, pitted item #5650
4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Combine lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic and lemon zest in a bowl; whisk to blend. Slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil in a steady stream and whisk until combined.
- Combine cauliflower, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl; toss to evenly coat. Transfer to cookie sheet and roast in a preheated 450˚F oven for 10-12 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Combine romaine lettuce, feta and roasted red peppers in bowl. Toss with lemon vinaigrette.
- Grill chicken, and slice into thin strips after cooled.
- Arrange dressed salad with artichoke hearts, roasted cauliflower, grilled chicken and kalamata olives. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, and serve!