Maple Chicken Wafflewich
Maple-flavored bacon, crispy chicken strips and cheddar cheese melted into mouthwatering harmony with a waffle iron. Looks like lunch, tastes like breakfast!
12 ounces crispy chicken strips
8 slices whole wheat bread
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cooked, maple-flavored bacon crumble
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup warmed maple syrup
- Prepare crispy chicken strips according to package directions. When cooled enough to handle, cut strips to fit the size of the bread, 2 slices per sandwich. Set aside, keep warm.
- Evenly spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- To assemble sandwiches lay 4 slices of bread on work surface. Layer on top of mayonnaise: 2 tablespoons of bacon, 2 tablespoons of cheese, 2 slices of crispy chicken strips, another 2 tablespoons of bacon, and topped off with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Finish with the other slice of bread.
- Lightly spray a hot waffle iron with spray and place sandwich on waffle iron. Close, press and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove sandwich from the waffle iron and slice in half.
- Serve with small bowl of warmed maple syrup.
See More Recipes