Foodservice Recipe: Maple Bacon Old Fashion Cocktail
Bacon goes with everything, right? Add some savory flavor to your Old Fashion with this sweet and salty infusion featuring Hormel bacon.
4 cooked slice of Hormel Black Label Bacon Item #1417
4 ounce of bourbon
1 tablespoon of maple syrup Item #3303
4 dashes Angostura bitters
Ice cubes to serve
Orange twist, to serve
- In small shallow dish place bacon
- Pour bourbon into dish, cover and chill for 30 minutes, or longer if time permits
- Strain and reserve bourbon and bacon
- In small jug, combine bourbon, maple syrup and bitters
- Pour over ice and serve with orange twists and cooked bacon.
Makes about 1/2 cup.