Foodservice Recipe: Lemon Mojo BBQ Scallops
Lemon vinaigrette and citrus chipotle bbq sauce provide the perfect combo of sweet and sour needed to create this tasty Caribbean classic.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salted butter
- 6 jumbo scallops
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 oz lemon vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon citrus chipotle barbecue sauce
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz dirty rice
- In a saute pan heat olive oil and butter on medium heat. Sear scallops on both sides then remove from the pan; keep warm.
- Lower heat and saute the garlic shallot and cilantro for 30 seconds.
- Add lemon vinaigrette and citrus chipotle barbecue sauce to the pan. Stir until sauce is reduced.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate scallops over red beans and rice or dirty rice. Pour sauce over scallops and serve.