Lamb Chops with Apricot Pilaf
Seared lamb chops brushed with balsamic vinegar and garlic, paired nicely with a house-made apricot pilaf.
INGREDIENTS (4 Servings)
- 6oz Near East® Rice Pilaf Mix
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions or scallions
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves (chop large pieces)
- 1/3 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 American lamb shoulder arm chops or leg sirloin chops, 3/4 inch thick (about 1.5 pounds trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rice pilaf mix and cook 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and contents of spice sack, bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir preserves, yogurt and parsley into rice mixture; heat through.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of lamb with vinegar and sprinkle with garlic salt. Broil 4-5 inches from heat 5 minutes per side to desired doneness. Serve with rice.