Foodservice Recipe: Humboldt Fog Brûlée
Sweet dreams are made of sugar, fire and cheese. Here’s your next ridiculously delicious starter.
- Humboldt Fog Goat Milk Cheese (25107)
- Turbinado sugar
- Blowtorch or Broiler
- Start by slicing off the top rind of the wheel. Not using a wheel? Cut slices instead and prepare similarly. You’ll want some exposed paste.
- Sprinkle thin layer of sugar over the paste. Raw sugar works best, but use what you have on hand!
- Torch it. Using a culinary blowtorch, heat the sugar until you have a golden brown, crunchy crust. Keep that torch moving so the sugar doesn’t scorch. No torch? No problem. Broil in the oven, but keep a close eye on it.
- Bust out the crackers, bread, fruit, spoons – whatever your heart desires. Prepare to wow customers with your impressive skills!