Foodservice Recipe: Hash Brown Breakfast Quiche
Perfect for breakfast, brunch or any time of the day. Serve as a snack or with a side salad. It’s gluten-free, low carb and keto friendly!
- 8 oz shredded hash browns
- 16 oz liquid whole eggs
- cooking spray, as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 oz diced red peppers
- 1 1/2 oz diced green peppers
- 1 oz diced onions
- 3 oz cooked, chopped bacon
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare oven to 450˚F.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Press shredded hash browns into a pan in a thin layer.
- Spray hash browns with cooking spray, to help crisp.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
- In a pan over medium-high heat olive oil and sauté red and green peppers with onions for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine sautéed peppers and onions, bacon and cheddar cheese and divide between 12 muffin tins with cooked hash browns.
- Pour liquid eggs to top off each muffin tin and bake at 400˚F for 20 minutes until set.
- Serve hot, or cool completely and reheat for 7 minutes at 400˚F
To take this dish to an even stricter keto level, try substituting hash browns for shredded and browned cauliflower.
*total amount of net carbs may vary depending on ingredients used.See More Recipes