A fun twist on a traditional Spanish cuisine. Chicken and shrimp simmered in turmeric and hot pepper sauce, and served on top of a bed of rice, beans, peas, tomato and basil.
INGREDIENTS (4 Servings)
- 6oz Near East® Rice Pilaf Mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces boneless/skinless chicken breast halves (about 2), cut into thin strips or 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In 3-quart saucepan, bring water just to a boil.
- Stir in rice, contents of spice sack, olive oil, turmeric and hot pepper sauce. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken or shrimp; cover and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Stir in beans, peas, tomato and basil; cook 5 more minutes or until heated through.