Grilled T-Bone Steaks with BBQ Rub
This could be called beef at its best. A simple rub including chili powder, garlic and brown sugar adds that special touch.
- 2 beef T-bone or porterhouse steaks, cut 1″ thick (about 2lbs)
- 2. tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine BBQ rub recipe ingredients; press evenly onto beef T-bone steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145˚F) to medium (160˚F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove bones and carve steaks into slices, if desired. Season with salt to taste and serve!