Grilled Chicken and Slaw Street Tacos
Delicious, easy to serve and scale, these grilled chicken and slaw street tacos are prefect as a trendy platter served with sides or prepared as a large batch for catering.
- 48 ct naan breads
- 9 lb chicken breast
- 12 piece minced garlic cloves
- 1.5 cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.5 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups finely chopped cilantro
- 3 cups chopped green onions (green parts only)
- 4 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey for slaw
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce for slaw
- To prepare the marinade, combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, salt, black & red pepper and honey in large bowl.
- Slice the chicken into strips (roughly .5″) and then coat and soak in marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- To prepare the coleslaw, add cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onions, then mix in vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce and honey in another large bowl.
- Grill chicken on medium high heat until cooked to 165˚F internally.
- Add chicken to naan and then top with slaw to serve!