K-12 Recipe: Grilled Cheese & Chicken Quesadilla
Create warm, finger-sized chicken and cheese quesadillas for easy, on-demand lunches.
- 1 whole grain round 6″
- 1.5 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.5 oz cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tsp mild taco sauce
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp melted butter
- Thaw flatbreads at room temperature.
- Place thawed flatbread on a lined sheet pan.
- Place 1.5 oz shredded cheddar over the blistered side of a round flatbread.
- Top cheese with 1.5 oz sliced cooked chicken breast and 2 tsp mild taco sauce.
- Top the chicken and sauce with 1 cup fresh spinach and 1 oz shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Top flatbread with another flatbread with the grilled side up. Brush the top flat with 1 tsp melted butter.
- Bake filled flatbreads at 350˚F for 8-10 minutes for until cheese is melted, bread is browned and center of sandwich reaches 140˚F.
- Use a serrated knife and cut each sandwich into 4 wedges.
- Serve 2 wedges.
1 serving provides: 2 oz eq whole grain and 3 oz M/MA, 1/8 cup vegetable serving.See More Recipes