Foodservice Recipe: Baked Gnocchi Mac & Cheese
Blue Cheese, Caramelized Onions & House Fried Chips
As the mac & cheese craze marches on, so too must the constant flow of recipe ideas for this steadfast classic of comfort. In this rendition I’ve used gnocchi (potato dumplings) in place of the traditional use of pasta, add blue cheese and onions to the mix and you have crock full of yum!
- 2 oz caramelized onions
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6 cloves roasted garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 oz gnocchi (Item #13365)
- Heat cream, caramelized onion, dijon, blue cheese and roasted garlic (optional) until cheese is melted.
- Fold in gnocchi (frozen is fine), transfer to baking crocks.
- Sprinkle with more blue cheese and transfer to oven set @ 375 for 12-15 minutes; until bubbly hot.
- Serve with house fried chips to use as an edible spoon (Item #27015)
- Serves 2
Follow Chef Tim on Twitter @chefdifference