Foodservice Recipe: Ginger Chicken Lolli-Pops
Chopped chicken mixed with soy sauce, raw sugar, salt, rice wine vinegar, minced onion and ginger, chopped green onion and panko bread crumbs, all rolled into one-bite Asian flavor bombs.
1/2 cup sweet red chili wing glaze item #4300
2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken, rough chopped item #30680
1/8 cup raw sugar
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoon white, minced onion
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon peeled, minced ginger
1/3 cup rough chopped green onion
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
2 large, beaten whole egg
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Using a medium size bowl, mix the soy sauce, sugar, pepper, rice wine vinegar, onion, ginger, green onion and garlic well and reserve.
- Using a food processor chop the chicken thigh until fine in small batches of three.
- Once each batch is ground, transfer to a clean mixing bowl.
- On the last grind, add to the chicken the soy mixture, egg and mix well.
- Fold this into the other two thirds and mix well.
- Once all ingredients are mixed stir in the bread crumbs.
- Let this stand covered in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Portion into 2oz balls.
- Place chicken balls on a baking sheet.
- Dust with raw sugar, skewer and bake in a 350˚F oven until an internal temperature of 165˚F, cool and serve!