K-12 Recipe: Savory Chicken Flatbread Panini
There’s endless combinations for what can go into a great panini – this just happens to be one of our favorites – it also happens to be a healthy lunch option.
10 thaw whole grain flatbread item #10487
2 1/2 cups light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
20 oz cooked skinless chicken tenders
20 slices mozzarella cheese
1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
5 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Savory mayo: combine mayonnaise and Italian seasoning and whisk to blend. Refrigerate. Place chicken tenders on a lined sheet pan bake to 165˚F. Set aside to cool 15 minutes, chop chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons, savory mayo on one side of flatbread on top with 4 slices mozzarella cheese.
3. Slice the cooled chicken tenders and place 4 oz of the meat on the mayo topped flatbread. Add 1/4 cup sliced onion, 1 cup spinach and 2 oz of the cheddar cheese.
4. Spread 2 tablespoon savory mayo on one side of another flatbread and place mayo side down on the cheddar cheese.
5. Brush top of the flatbread lightly with olive/vegetable oil and place oiled side of sandwich on a headed, oiled panini press, or flat top grill.
6. Toast each sandwich until cheese is melted and flatbread is golden brown. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles forming 4 servings per flatbread sandwich. Hold sandwiches at 135˚F until ready to serve!