Foodservice Recipe: Fire Braised Pork Shoulder Pot Roast with a Balsamic & Roasted Garlic Jus
We’re turning one the easiest and most consistent pork shoulder cuts you can plate into a melt-in-your-mouth balsamic and roasted garlic pot roast. This Fire Braised Pork Shoulder from Hormel is cooked and ready to go, just add your twist on seasoning and roll. All the tedious work has been done giving you more time to focus on flavor profiles and plating presentation. A great solution to any labor and consistency issues you may be experiencing. Serves 1
- 6 oz cut Hormel Fire Braised Pork Shoulder + an ounce or so of the package Jus or 2 ounces red cooking wine (Item #7776)
- Cracked black pepper to coat
- Sea Salt to coat
- 2 oz balsamic vinegar
- 6 ea clove roasted garlic
- .5 oz cold butter
- Add all ingredients except for butter to a sauce pan suitable for the oven. Season pork with sea salt & pepper.
- Transfer to oven set @ 375 for 12-15 minutes; until internal temperature reaches desired temperature.
- Swirl in Butter to create the finish sauce.
- See the recipe for Baked Gnocchi Mac & Cheese served with this dish.
- Other pairings include serving with caramelized carrots, parsnips, mashed potatoes or serve on a heap of French fries poutine style.
Follow Chef Tim on Twitter @chefdifferenceSee More Recipes