January: Cream Cheese Churro Eggrolls
A deliciously unique dessert with a little bit of spice.
Featured for January in our 2022 UniPro calendar.
This tasty dessert combines the classic look of eggrolls with the sweet flavors of a churro for a menu item that stands out from the competition. Filled with a soft cinnamon cream cheese filling and drizzled with a spiced mexican chocolate sauce, this sweet treat will have your customers reordering again and again.
|Cream Cheese (Tempered)||2 lbs|
|Sweetened Condensed Milk||½ cup|
|Ground Cinnamon||3 tsp|
|Pure Vanilla Extract||2 tsp|
|Egg Roll Wrappers||24|
|Vegetable Oil||For frying|
|Granulated Sugar (For Coating)||½ cup|
|Ground Cinnamon (For Coating)||3 tsp|
|Mexican Chocolate Sauce
|Heavy Cream||1 cup|
|Chopped Mexican Chocolate||1½ cup|
|Ancho Chile Powder||1 tsp|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Ground Cinnamon||½ tsp|
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, and salt until smooth. Beat in vanilla until fully combined.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and brush top two edges lightly with water. Spoon about 3 Tbsp of cream cheese mixture into a line in the center. Roll up bottom half, tightly fold in sides, and gently roll upward to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. In a large skillet over medium heat, pour enough oil to reach 1″ up the side of skillet. Heat until oil starts to bubble when a drop of water is added.
- Add egg rolls and fry until golden, a little over one minute per side. Transfer to bowl with cinnamon sugar and roll to coat each egg roll.
- To make the chocolate sauce, heat the heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until it’s just beginning to bubble.
- In a medium bowl combine the chocolate, chile powder, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour the hot cream over these ingredients and let stand for one minute. Once it has slightly cooled, whisk until smooth.
- Transfer egg rolls to plate and drizzle with Mexican Chocolate Sauce and offer small bowl of the Mexican Chocolate Sauce for dipping.
Optional: Garnish with whipping cream & mint leaf.FIND MORE RECIPES