February: Chik’n Tender Boneless Wings
A spicy classic goes plant-based.
Featured for February in our 2022 UniPro calendar.
Asian-inspired spicy wings make a tasty appetizer or meal, and with Kellogg’s recipe for easy boneless wings, you can skip the bones and still enjoy the same delicious flavor. This recipe calls for 3 of plant-based protein tenders, but feel free to substitute a wing or tender of your choice, including chicken or pork. Top with sesame seeds and thinly sliced scallions, and serve with ranch dressing on the side and carrot and celery sticks for dipping!
|Plant-Based Tenders (or any tender/wing of choice)||3 each|
|Wing Sauce (recipe below)||2 oz|
|Sliced Scallions||1 tbsp|
|Black and White Sesame Seeds||1 tsp|
|Ranch Dressing||2 oz|
|Carrot and Celery Sticks||2-3 each|
|Asian Hot Wing Sauce
|Sweet Chili Sauce||½ cup|
|Siracha Sauce||¼ cup|
|Rice Wine Vinegar||2 tbsp|
|Sugar, granulated||2 tbsp|
|Salt, kosher||¼ tsp|
|Ginger, fresh-grated||1½ tsp|
|Garlic, granulated||½ tsp|
|Soy Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Lime Juice, fresh||1½ tsp|
- Fry tenders for 3-3½ minutes until internal temperature of 165°F.
- Place tenders and scallions into mixing bowl.
- Pour in wing sauce (directions below) and toss to coat.
- Place coated wings onto a plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds
Wing sauce Preparation:
- Combine cornstarch with soy sauce and 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar.
- Add all other ingredients to a sauce pot and bring to a low boil.
- Add cornstarch slurry, and allow to thicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.