Chicken & Three Mushroom Pilaf
Boneless skinless chicken breast cooked to perfection and served with a savory blend of shiitake, oyster and cremini mushrooms.
INGREDIENTS (4 Servings)
- 6oz Near East® Rice Pilaf Mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup each sliced shiitake mushroom caps, sliced oyster mushrooms, and sliced cremini (brown) mushrooms or 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or additional water
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water, sherry, rice and contents of Spice Sack; bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes
- Stir in green onions. Cover; continue to simmer 5 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.