Foodservice Recipe: Chicken Salsa Verde Biscuit Pupsa
Salsa verde, cotija cheese, sour cream and cilantro combined with shredded chicken create a delightful and slightly crunch biscuit called Pupusa, an El Salvadorian classic.
1 lb 2 oz thawed biscuits
1 lb cooked, shredded chicken
3/4 cups prepared salsa verde
1/3 cups crumbled cotija Mexican cheese
1/4 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup pico de gallo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Add cooked chicken, salsa verde, cotija cheese, sour cream, onions, cilantro, lime juice and salt to mixing bowl.
- Stir until combined and refrigerate until needed for assembly.
- Roll each biscuit on well-floured surface to an 8-inch diameter; add approx. 1/2 cup filling to center.
- Gently stretch dough edges around filling and press together to seal, creating an approx. 4-inch papusa.
- Heat large skillet on medium-high; add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and place papusa seam side up.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy on one side, about 3 minutes; transfer to parchment-lined sheet pan and place seam-side down.
- Bake as directed: Convection Oven* 325˚F 12-14 minutes | Standard Oven 375˚F 14-16 minutes
- Serve with pico de gallo, sour cream and cilantro.
Serves 8See More Recipes