Chicken Rice Cacciatore
Comfort food at its finest – chicken, rice, onions, green peppers all cooked in a tomato sauce, mixed together to make a delicious Cacciatore.
INGREDIENTS (5 Servings)
- 6oz Near East® Rice Pilaf Mix
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken strips, cut into 1″ pieces, heated
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes or 1 cup marinara sauce
- Prepare rice according to package directions, except use olive oil instead of butter and add Italian seasonings when adding contents of spice sack.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, heat oil. Cook onions, peppers and chicken for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in vegetables/chicken mixture and diced tomatoes into prepared rice. Serve!