K-12 Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie
A simple pot pie filling that starts with condensed soup and chicken and is topped with rich whole grain biscuit.
- 3 lbs cream of broccoli soup, condensed
- 2 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 cups frozen, cooked, small diced chicken
- 12 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 24 (1 ea) frozen dough whole grain biscuit
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
- Pan spray butter flavored
- Thaw biscuit dough, covered at room temperature 15-30 minutes until flexible or refrigerate overnight.
- Place thawed biscuit dough on parchment-lined full sheet pan; evenly with pan spray and prick each biscuit 4 times with tines of a fork.
- Sprinkle evenly with parsley; place greased parchment paper over top and add additional sheet pan weight.
- Bake in 350˚F convection oven for 8-10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown; keep brown.
- Serve 8 oz of filling on serving dish; top with 1 biscuit and serve warm!
Optional Tip: Serve with sides such as spinach salad with mandarin oranges and strawberries, applesauce and milk is desired.See More Recipes