K-12 Recipe: Chicken Parm Sandwich with Italian Roasted Vegetables
Students will go crazy over this healthier take on the classic chicken Parmesan dish. Loaded with flavor filled vegetables, and topped off using a savory marinara sauce, this dish is a budget friendly way to spice up your menu.
Italian Roasted Vegetables
2 1/2 cups green peppers, large diced
2 1/2 cups Fresh large diced tomatoes
2 1/2 cups red large diced onions
5 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1 1/4 light Italian dressing
Toasted Roll – 1 each serving
1.8 oz whole grain french bread
1 tsp shredded mozzarella cheese
Protein – 1 each serving
2 oz breaded chicken breast cooked
1/4 cup marinara sauce, heated
1 tsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine green and red peppers, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and Italian dressing in mixing bowl until evenly coated.
- Divide onto 2 parchment-lined full sheet pans and spread evenly.
- Roast in 350˚F convection oven for 7 minutes rotate pan one-half turn (180˚) and bake 8-11 minutes more. Keep warm until needed.
- Press thawed French bread open and evenly apply butter-flavored pan spray; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 350˚F convection open for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly toasted; keep warm until needed.
- Add 1/4 cup Italian roasted vegetables to bun, add chicken.
- Ladle marinara sauce over chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; serve warm.