Chicken Minestrone Soup
Minestrone’s a quick healthy meal, with tender chicken, mixed vegetables, and pasta swirl around in light savory broth.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cans chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 can red kidney beans (16 oz)
- 1 cup dry macaroni shells
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 1 can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green beans
- Heat oil and butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, carrots and onion. Cook, stirring often for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned and the vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add the broth, kidney beans, macaroni shells, salt, pepper and thyme. Brin to a slight boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add tomatoes with their juice and green beans. Simmer for 3 minutes.