Foodservice Recipe: Chicken and Dumpling Soup
Chicken soup, the ultimate comfort food, simmers deliciously with fresh ingredients and hearty biscuit dumplings.
1 lb 14 oz biscuit dough
4 lb diced, boneless chicken thighs
1 lb fresh, diced celery
1 lb fresh, diced yellow onion
1 lb fresh, diced carrots
1 lb frozen peas
6 lb chicken stock
2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons seasoning
- Thaw and cover biscuit dough on parchment-lined sheet pan for a minimum of 3 hours under refrigeration.
- Combine chicken thighs, celery, onion, carrot, chicken stock and spices in a stock pot and cook on low heat for 90 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and stir to combine.
- Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces with the help of a knife and drop them one at a time in the simmering mixture.
- Summer the biscuits in the stock for 5 minutes or until cooked, and serve!
Serves 47See More Recipes