K-12 Recipe: Chicka Boom Boom Sandwich
Packed with flavor, healthy protein from chicken and fresh veggies this hearty sandwich is easily customized for max appeal among varying age groups, brining a new level of boom!
Boom Boom Sauce 1/2 oz per serving
2 cups light mayonnaise
1/3 cup prepared mild salsa
1/3 cup prepared chili sauce
1/4 cup sriracha sauce (optional)
1 tbsp garlic powder
Toasted Roll – 1 each serving
1.8 oz whole grain french bread
1 tsp shredded mozzarella cheese
Protein – 1 each per serving
1 ea whole grain French bread
1/2 torn romaine lettuce
1/4 fresh sliced tomatoes
2 oz cooked breaded chicken fingers
1/8 cup red diced onions
3 dill pickle slices
- Combine mayo, salsa, chili sauce, sriracha (if desired) and garlic powder into a medium mixing bowl. Sauce alternative – Ken’s Boom Boom Sauce – Item #7827.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Press thawed French bread open and place lettuce and tomatoes on bottom half.
- Place chicken fingers on top of tomatoes and scatter onions and pickle slices evenly.
- Drizzle with 1/2 oz Boom Boom Sauce, serve warm.