Chef’s Pantry: Naan
“The new bread”
Naan is a leavened, oven-baked flatbread found in the cuisines of Middle East, Central Asia, and Indian. Over the years this has become one of my personal favorite staples in the bread world. Naan, bodes well in many preparations and when warmed/grilled becomes pliable enough to use in tacos, or a three fold sandwich… “naanwich”. And Lets face it, Naan is fun to say; Will Smith used it in his song Gettin Jiggy Wit It so it must be hip.
Item #21334 – Our 4″ Mini Naan Rounds are a highly versatile item!
Here are a few of my favorite uses; but the possibilities are endless!
- Turn your sandwich into a “naanwich”
- Transform your taco into a “naco”
- Use on a hummus plate by cutting into triangles, brush with oil and bake until crisp
- Add texture to your salad by cutting into thin strips, frying until crisp and seasoning
- Use as an alternative to English muffins for eggs Benedict
- Add naan as part of your offered bread selection
Also available: Item #11291 Original Teardrop Naan
Follow Chef Tim on Twitter @chefdifference