K-12 Recipe: Cheez-It® Dippers
A pop of Cheez-It® cracker flavor and an interactive dipping experience – what’s not to love?!
200 slices of whole wheat bread
400 slices of cheddar cheese
3 lb of butter
75 oz Cheez-It® whole grain baked snack crackers
- Preheat convection oven to 350˚F
- In a food processor, pulse the Cheez-It® crackers until finely textured, removed crushed crackers from food processor and reserve.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat or heat in microwave until melted reserve.
- Lay out slices of bread on a flat surface and use rolling pin to flatten the bread both horizontally and vertically.
- Place 2 slices of cheese next to each other on top of each slice of bread then roll up tightly to form the dippers.
- Roll the dippers, as well as their ends, in melted butter, then roll into Cheez-It® crumbs. The butter will serve as a glue for the crumbs. Add tooth pick to the center of the roll to hold in place while cooking.
- Bake rolls on ungreased paper lined backing sheet for 8 minutes at 350˚F
Serving Size: 2 dippersSee More Recipes