Cajun Chicken Jambalaya
This take on the spicy New Orleans staple replaces sausage with fresh chicken and Canadian bacon while keeping the savory Cajun flavor!
6 fresh trimmed chicken breast tenderloins item #6661
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend item #7810
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 chopped, large green bell pepper
6 chopped, green onions
3/4 cup chopped celery
1 cup long grain rice
3 ounces diced Canadian bacon item #72190
1 cup medium salsa item #14070
14 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth item #17166
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet to medium-high. Cook chicken 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, cook green pepper, three-fourths of scallions and celery 5 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Add uncooked rice to skillet and cook 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet. Stir in bacon, salsa and broth. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid and chicken is done (internal temperature 170˚F).
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining scallions before serving.