Foodservice Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sticks with Basil Pesto Aioli
Buffalo chicken melted with cheddar and mozzarella cheese, sandwiched between two grilled slices of sourdough, served with a side of basil pesto aioli.
- 4 slices sourdough or thick cut bread
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup basil pesto aioli
- Mix chicken and buffalo sauce together.
- Brush bread with butter on one side.
- Place 2 slices of bread on cutting board. Top each with cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, chicken mixture and another slice of bread.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Cook both sandwiches until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove sandwiches to a cutting board and slice into sticks about 2 inches wide.
- Serve grilled cheese with aioli for dipping!