June: Brûléed Banana Crunch
A multi-layer treat that will turn heads and leave customers licking their plates! 🍌
Featured for June in our 2022 UniPro calendar.
Seriously, there’s no over-promising with this dessert. Featuring layers of brûléed banana, fluffy waffle, ice cream, and crunchy popcorn covered in chocolate and caramel sauces to achieve a treat that is equal parts sweet, equal parts salty and 100% awesome. It’s everything crave-able and then some!
Tip: Make more sales with social media, share a video of steps 6 through 8 to bring your followers through the door!
| Ingredients for 10 portions
|Krusteaz® Buttermilk, Square Flat Bottom Waffle||30 ea|
|Vanilla ice cream||2, 1/2 gal|
|Granulated sugar, divided||2, 2/3 cups|
|Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP® Real Butter Popcorn||2 quarts|
|J. Hungerford Smith® Caramel Fudge||2, 1/2 cups|
|J. Hungerford Smith® Mellocream® Chocolate Fudge||2, 1/2 cups|
- Thaw the waffles and the ice cream until both become soft. Heat waffles in an impinger or on a flat top grill until toasted.
- Line a full baking sheet with parchment, then spread the ice cream out into a 1-inch thick, even layer. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- On a parchment lined sheet tray, spread sugar out in an even layer, reserving a 2/3 cup. Bake in a 450°F oven until it turns brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the popcorn on top. Set aside to cool.
- Remove frozen ice cream sheet from freezer; cut into 20, 4-inch squares.
- Build a triple layer ice cream sandwich: waffle, ice cream, waffle, ice cream, waffle. Return to freezer for no more than 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining waffles and ice cream.
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise, then sprinkle the cut sides with the remaining sugar. With a blow-torch, heat the sugar until it turns brown and gets hard.
- Remove ice cream sandwich stacks from freezer. Place on serving dish, then drizzle with 1/4 cup each of the chocolate fudge and caramel sauces.
- Place bruleed banana on top of sauce. Finish the sandwich by breaking apart the popcorn shards and topping the banana with them. Serve immediately.