Foodservice Recipe: Breakfast Burger
A delicious breakfast burger on a brioche bun with a friend egg, Havarti cheese, bacon and a maple aioli.
1 LB of ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 oz Havarti sliced cheese
6 slices cooked, crispy bacon
4 piece Brioche hamburger bun, toasted
1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
8 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Add ground beef into a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 equal patties, then cook as desired.
- A minute before the burgers are done, add a slice of Havarti cheese to the top.
- Make maple aioli: whisk together the syrup, Dijon mustard, egg yolk and lemon juice in a large bowl until combined. Slowly stream in olive oil while continuously whisking until the mixture emulsifies and comes together completely. Whisk in whole grain mustard, then taste and season with a little salt and pepper as desired.
- Assemble: place burger on top of brioche bun, add the egg and some of the aioli, and then the bacon.
- Top with the other side of the bun, and serve!