Foodservice Recipe: BBQ Chipotle Burgers
Whip up your own beer-based barbecue sauce, then slather it on a perfectly prepared ground beef patty. Serve it all up in a “bun” of delicious Texas toast.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Texas toast
- 2 sliced pickled okra spears
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine beer, brown sugar, ketchup, chipotle peppers and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Summer 8 to 10 minutes until sauce is thickened; set aside.
- Lightly shaped ground beef into four 1/2″ thick patties. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium head on preheated gas grill, covered 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160˚F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast according to package directions. Cut each piece of toast in half.
- For each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce over one toast half. Top with burger, another tablespoon. sauce and okra slices. Serve!