Barbacoa, a Mexican style beef, slowly cooked with seasoning and typically shredded; folded into a biscuit, topped off with cheese, achiote paste and garnished with salsa, guacamole!
- 1 lb cooked barbacoa
- 10 frozen southern-style biscuits
- 2 cups of asadero cheese
- 1/4 cup achiote paste
- 1 jar salsa verde
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Place barbacoa on grill; cook to desired doneness (155F internal temperature recommended). Allow to rest 10 minutes slice thinly.
- Roll each biscuit into 1/4-inch thick rounds on floured surface.
- Divide barbacoa, asadero cheese and achiote paste onto center of each biscuit.
- Fold in half and crimp edges with fingers or gently press with fork to seal. Place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or fry at 325F degrees until golden brown and crispy. Cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with salsa verde, guacamole and dipping sauce, as desired.