Foodservice Recipe: Bacon Stuffed French Toast Waffles
Crunchy, hearty bacon on top of fluffy waffles, drizzled in gooey maple syrup, this dish is the right amount of savory and sweet for your brunch menu.
8 slices of bread
1 cup of milk
1/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Garnish: Bacon Crumble / Bacon Pieces
- Plug in waffle iron to heat.
- In a bowl whisk together milk, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Dip a slice of bread into the milk mixture. Just enough to coat. Place the bread into the hot waffle iron. Sprinkle with real bacon pieces (about 1 tablespoon).
- Dip a second piece of bread into the milk mixture and place it on top of the first, close the waffle iron and allow it to cook about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup, continue process to create more waffles.