Atlantic Shrimp Fritters
As Chef Tim says “Love me some fritters!” This is our New England spin on a South Florida classic, Conch Fritters. Our rendition is chalk full of native North Atlantic shrimp! Serve with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce or any sauce that makes your pallet smile. Create a New England seafood fritter by substituting a portion of shrimp with lobster leg meat and clams.
- 1 cup ea small diced, red, yellow and green bell pepper
- 2 ea small diced seeded jalapenos
- 1 cup fine diced, yellow onion
- 1 cup fine diced celery
- 4 large chopped dill sprigs
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ea eggs
- 4 cups North Atlantic shrimp (Item #20199)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Rough-chop shrimp and mix in with all wet ingredients, vegetables and seasonings. Fold in flour and baking powder.
- Form to desired size and fry at 325˚F until golden brown and cooked in the center.
- Set fritters on paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve with dipping sauce of choice.
Note: Use a one ounce scoop or teaspoons to transfer batter to the fryer.
See More Recipes