Foodservice Recipe: Asian Noodle Bowl
This new generation wants global flavor! Menu this veggie-packed Asian Noodle Bowl, made with sausage/sausage alternative crumble tossed with whole grain noodles and sweet chili-glazed broccoli, peppers, edamame, and red onion – topped with crispy wonton strips.
- 12 lbs sausage crumble or sausage alternative
- 9.4 lbs cooked, shelled edamame
- 100 cups cooked whole grain spaghetti
- 10.3 lbs raw broccoli florets
- 7.5 lbs chopped, raw green onions
- 3.5 lbs sliced, raw bell peppers
- 8 cups prepared sweet chili sauce
- crispy wonton strips
- Cook noodles until al dente and drain. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli and peppers until crisp and tender.
- Mix steamed broccoli, peppers and edamame with raw green onions and sweet chili sauce. Set aside.
- Bring sausage crumbles to temperature.
- Layer one cup of pasta at the bottom of the bowl.
- Scoop 3/4 cup vegetable mixture on top of pasta.
- Scoop 2/3 heated crumbles and place on top.
- Garnish with crispy wonton strips.
- Instruct students to “be the chef” and mix their own bowl.
1 serving provides: 2 oz meat/ meat alternative, 2 oz grain, and 1/4 cup GV, 1/8 cup OV, 1/8 cup RV.See More Recipes