Join a 100% Employee Owned Company
Dennis Paper and Food Service delivers thousands of food items and related provisions daily. We operate out of an advanced 75,000 (soon to be 105,000) square foot warehouse in central Maine, where quality, performance and service are paramount.
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Matching, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Benefits
- Health Insurance, Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan, Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance for employee, spouse and children
- Voluntary Vision Care Insurance, Dependent Care Assistance Program
- ESP – Personal Auto & Homeowners Insurance, EAP – Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability, Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Employee Purchasing, Gold’s Gym Membership Discounts
- Vacation Time, Holidays, Personal Day, Birthday Personal Day and Sick Leave Time
Night Warehouse Manager
Are you a strong leader? Do you have the ability to motivate your team? We’re looking for you! We’re currently hiring a Night Warehouse Manager.
In this role your responsible for:
- managing all night crew personnel (order selectors, loaders, yard jockey, asst manager)
- working closely with the Transportation Manager regarding truck fleet issues
- working closely with Day Warehouse Manager and Inventory to rapidly resolve issues that may be hampering the efficient shipping of product
- monitoring nightly workflows and working with the Director of Operations to improve efficiency
- ensuring that pallets are put together properly and trucks are loaded safely and properly
- monitoring, fixing and reporting safety issues
- looking carefully for items that are showing inventory but are not in the slot
- maintaining a positive attitude and creating and developing the same for our night crew
- supervising the security of the building at night by making sure trucks and trailers are sealed and the building and grounds are secure at the end of the shift
- ensuring all truck refrigeration units are running properly
- inspecting the building nightly to ensure proper operation of plant equipment and employee safety
- cubing trucks for efficient picking by order selectors and unloading by drivers
- adhering to good GMP’s and government regulations
- operating warehouse equipment (forklifts, stock pickers, pallet jacks) safely
Dennis Paper and Food Service is committed to ensure that all employees exercise safe work practices. All accidents or injuries will be reported, investigated and addressed to avoid similar future occurrences. When corrective or disciplinary action becomes necessary, the specific situation – policy violation, misconduct, violation of safe work practices or performance problems – and the work background of the individual will be thoroughly reviewed. The corrective action taken may involve an informal counseling, written warnings or more serious disciplinary steps such as suspension or termination depending upon the severity of the infraction.
The Night Warehouse Manager position requires a person who is responsible, punctual, self-motivated and pays attention to detail with an intense focus on safety. The Night Warehouse Manager must be able to communicate well orally and in writing, must have basic computer skills and must possess or be able to attain the knowledge and technical skills necessary to perform all tasks related to the position. Physical requirements include being able to lift as much as 90 pounds on an infrequent basis and 30 to 60lbs up to 50 times per shift.
Be the primary point of contact with assigned customers, managing the relationship in a manner that all both customer and company objectives may be optimized.
In this role your responsible for:
- Attain given Sales Margin budgets
- Effectively manage all serviced accounts to ensure profitability and prompt payment
- Maintain weekly and Daily Sales plans, including call reports
- Work well with all departments within the company in order to enhance cooperation
- Be self motivated
- Maintain an active lead sheet
- Educate themselves on products and trends
- Attend all sales meetings
- Have a good personal Hygiene and personal appearance
- Work to attain all sales promotions
- Effectively target all product segments within an account
- Maintain good communication with all Dennis Paper & Food Service employees.
We work harder than anyone else at delivering a competitive advantage with personalized service.APPLY NOW
Class A Delivery Driver – Portland
Due to rapid growth and expansion, Dennis Paper & Food Service is now accepting job applications for delivery drivers in our Portland market. Routes depart daily from our location in Westbrook.
In this role:
Candidates must have a professional appearance, be self-motivated, safety conscious, must have excellent customer service skills and must have the physical stamina to deliver food service products in the heat of summer and the cold of winter.
Delivery drivers leave from one of the aforementioned locations each morning and deliver frozen, refrigerated and dry food products and cleaning supplies to our customer base of schools, hospitals, hotels and inns, restaurants and take-outs.
Dennis Paper & Food Service is an EOE.
Candidates must have the following:
• Current and valid CDL A driver’s license
• Solid written and oral communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• The ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening and criminal background check
• Must be able to lift up to 100lbs and lift 10 – 80lbs frequently
Compensation is based upon number of pieces delivered, miles driven and number of deliveries.APPLY NOW